Discover the Options Tool
with Dr. Linda Bark
In this class, we're going to look at part of the Wisdom of the Whole Coaching Academy's resources and explain how this one tool can make such a difference with your clients.
Here are what some of our graduates have said:
"Makes me a better nurse, and I have more meaningful conversations with patients."
"I find I am much more aware of what I need to do to take care of myself, too!"
"It's refreshing to find people who think the way I do and value things I care about."
"Helps me have better relationships with my family and friends."
"Gives me more job satisfaction because I’m making a difference!"
"Helps me be a better, more skillful leader and function at my full potential!"
"I get inspired by the changes my patients/clients make."
Our Core Competency provides skill training and practice from a holistic & integral perspective.
We will help you discover:
- Setting the Foundation: ethical guidelines and professional standards, setting coaching agreements
- Co-creating the Relationship: establishing trust and intimacy, coaching presence
- Communicating Effectively: active listening, powerful questions, direct communication
- Creating New Awareness: identifying and making mental shifts in awareness, uncovering unexpressed motivations, empowering clients to change their story
- Facilitating Learning and Results: creating awareness, designing actions, planning and goal setting, managing progress and accountability
- Stages and maps of change
- Mind, body, spirit coaching principles
Continuing Education Hours: 30 CNE hours*, 30 ICF Coach Training Hours**, 30 ICF Continuing Coach Education Hours, 30 hours approved by ICHWC during Transitional Phase
Our structure and philosophy are built upon delivering different ways of being, thinking, and doing.
Using Jean Gebser’s Structures of Consciousness as a map, you will journey through the lands of the Mental, the Mythical, the Intuitive, and the Archaic to discover tools that invoke the richness of different ways of being, thinking, and doing for those we coach:
- Archaic: Meditation, Compassion, and Sense of Purpose
- Intuitive: Imaginary Magic Wand, and Walking Your Talk
- Mythical: Dialog
- Mental: 1-10 Scale and Options
- Integral: Integral/Holistic coaching is an umbrella for all of your work, and bringing all of yourself and the tools together
At the completion of the course, you will:
This course lays the groundwork that is based upon evidence-informed practice and theory, while also illuminating the heart of coaching.
Along those lines, here is an excerpt from The ICF Philosophy of Coaching that really highlights where we come from in our coaching:
“We adhere to a form of coaching that honors the client as the expert in his/her life and work and believes that every client is creative, resourceful, and whole”.
Start Today! Choose Your Plan Below
Our Core Competency
*For 30-hr Core Competency Course, For Advanced Tools and Practicum:
This continuing nursing education activity was approved by the American Holistic Nurses Association (AHNA), an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation
Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number 14276, for 30, 15, and 15 contact hours respectively.
**The 30-Hour Core Competency course, Advanced Tools, and Practicum will qualify for 60 Coach Specific Training hours through ICF ONLY if all 60 hours of the Wisdom of the Whole Coach Training Program are completed, including 15 hours of optional voice-to-voice teleclasses for the Advanced Tools course.
***The 30-Hour Core Competency Course and Practicum will qualify for Continuing Coach Education units through ICF. Advanced Tools will qualify for Continuing Coach Education units through ICF ONLY if you attend a minimum of 2 optional voice-to-voice teleclasses AND complete the online coursework and assignments.