Are you a health or wellness-oriented professional and feel the need to learn some motivational interviewing coaching skills?
Have you been hearing a lot of buzz around “motivational interviewing” and wonder what it’s about?
The widely used approach of Motivational Interviewing (MI) offers many evidence-informed, person-centered communication skills and techniques. Professionals can use these skills to achieve successful outcomes and encourage growth and progress with their clients.
If your daily work entails challenging conversations with patients and clients around motivation and behavior change, this course will help you add more powerful motivational coaching strategies to your skill set. These skills can be applied to a clinical, organizational, and leadership setting by all health practitioners and other professionals from all walks of life.
Using a blend of theory and motivational coaching interventions, this 6 week program offers the opportunity to:
- Examine the new 4 process framework of Motivational Interviewing conversations (MI) – Engaging, Guiding, Evoking and Planning
- Recognize the styles of conversation that motivates and facilitates behavior change
- Identify the underlying Spirit of Motivational Interviewing
- Discuss the relationship between the MI approach and skills and the International Coaching Federation (ICF) Core Competencies
- Describe the MI conversation skills and approaches that are congruent with a positive, strength-based, coaching approach
- Apply key motivational approaches and skills in conversation appropriate to the client’s stage of change
- Consider which MI skills that would be relevant to include and integrate in your coaching tool-box
Check back soon for future dates!
Class is open to all
Continuing Education Credit:* This program is approved by the International Coach Federation. Nine (9) Core Competency Continuing Coaching Credit Hours are awarded to participants who successful complete the activity (see requirements listed below)
Continuing Nursing Education (CNE) Credit
This continuing nursing education activity was approved by the American Holistic Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
Coming Soon in 2015!
Please join our mailing list or check back here to see when this will be offered again.
*The continuing education provider is Wisdom of the Whole Coaching Academy, LLC. Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number 14276, for 9 contact hours. (Note for nurses outside the state of California: Please check with your individual state Board of Nursing whether California contact hours/units are accepted for your license renewal.)