February often brings up thoughts of love, hearts, and Valentine’s greetings; it’s the perfect time to talk about compassion…and more specifically, compassion and coaching.
Compassion is a very useful coaching tool; it can help a coach be in a place of non-judgement during a coaching session.
What might compassion look like for a coach, before or during a coaching session? It could be:
- expressing kindness to oneself and to your client,
- replacing negative inner dialog with positive dialog, or
- experimenting with a loving kindness meditation.
And, what might compassion look like as we and our clients go out into the world? It could be:
- not jumping to negative conclusions about someone or something,
- extending kindness to others, or
- expressing understanding for others, their perspectives, and the situations they might be in.
We hope you have a wonderful month filled with compassion.
Wisdom of the Whole Coaching Academycomments powered by HyperComments